The Changing Business Landscape
“There are two things we can say with certainty about the future: it will be different, and it will surprise. Now, more than ever, CEOs and business leaders have to navigate unfamiliar, challenging times, a quickening pace of change, increasing expectations, and a rising tide of rapidly-evolving conditions. This new and different environment (VUCA) is challenging leaders to find new ways to lead their organisations and achieve sustained success. And, because of these circumstances, there is a thirst for leadership, yet leaders face a whirlwind environment laden with remarkable opportunities and daunting challenges through which to lead their people and organisations.”
– Prof Sattar Bawany et al. (2016)
Co-Author, ‘ 2016 Research on Trends in Executive Development: A Benchmark Report ’
CEOs face more pressure than ever to solve big, complex business issues in a VUCA business environment that’s ever increasingly Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous. In this new normal which is being disrupted more and more every day, provide a challenging environment for leaders to operate.
- We partner with Board and CEOs to help you to consider things you’re not always happy to think about – and sometimes provide answers that may be hard to hear.
- Our focus is on the working relationships between Board members and the CEO and the CEO and his/her direct reports. We support Boards with sensitive and critical assessments of Executive Officers and offer balanced strategies to address performance issues.
- What we offer includes confidential and discrete assessment against performance and provides executive coaching and mentoring services along development opportunities for Board members, CEO’s and C-Suite Leaders.
- More often than not, we act as a consultant and sounding board for CEOs when it comes to issues which they can very rarely, if ever, discuss with qualified individuals.
The CEO’s task is to deal with an unforeseeable future and ambivalence with regard to the decisions to be made, coupled with the unavoidable loneliness and a certain degree of isolation from the rest of the organisation. In our role as sounding boards, we work with CEOs and other senior leaders, helping them deal with the specific personal pressures and anxieties associated with running complex organisations, which include decision making, interpersonal dynamics and leadership transitions. Highly personal and confidential conversations allow leaders time to reflect on the psychological challenges of their business, the interpersonal challenges of leadership and the dynamics of their management teams.