Lauren Houghton is a Leadership Development Consultant & Executive Coach with Executive Development Associates and based out of both Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Together with her clients, she strategizes and co-creates innovative, pragmatic and holistic solutions to build effective and healthier organizations through enhancing leaders at all levels to be mindful-body centered, strategic and skillful in overcoming adaptive challenges.
With 18+ year’s expertise in Human Capital Development, Lauren is an accomplished strategic advisor and facilitator to executives, managers and teams across Asia, Europe, and Australia & New Zealand with multi-nationals across Banking & Financial Services, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences IT & Telecommunications Professional Services & Consulting Industrial & Manufacturing Advertising & Media and Fast Moving Consumer Goods
She gained valuable exposure and perspective in her career, in roles as international management consultant and Human Resource Development leader in multinational corporations. Lauren’s expertise is built on deep experience in working with executives, leaders and stakeholders, from global blue chip organizations, including both private and public sectors and across diverse industry sectors. Her approach recognizes the vital connections & alignment in human and business dynamics, organizational structure processes and the external market & environment.
Her most recent consulting experience was with BHP Billiton, where she led the global design, build and implementation of a capability development framework for the Geoscience professions across the entire Group, including mining, exploration and technical services, covering the Americas, Asia and Australia. The framework has been adopted and embedded into a number of key talent management strategies across the Group. Prior to this, Lauren joined Microsoft Corporation, appointed as Director, People & Organizational Capability, and Asia Pacific region. As a single point of contact for Area Vice President and his regional leadership team including HR Regional Director, she partnered with her team to drive the people development agenda across 13 countries across Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ensuring it was relevant and impactful at all times, in the context of the Asia Pacific Microsoft business strategy.
Lauren is affiliated to the Academy for Solutions Focused Coaching, a member of the Asia Pacific Coaching Alliance and is a certified coach with Marshal Goldsmith. She is an Accredited Practitioner for Human Synergistics International, making use of a suite of instruments including: the range of leadership and group effectiveness tools. These include: Life Styles Inventory™., Leadership Impact™., Group Styles Inventory™. , Management Effectiveness Profile System™. She is also certified in the administration and application of various psychometric instruments including the Bar-On EQ 360™ and EQ-i™. Lauren is also a qualified Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner and member of the Peter Senge’s Society for Organisational Learning, Singapore Chapter.
Lauren enjoys facilitation individual and group development and processes, with a focus on mindfulness and conscious personal leadership.
- Masters Degree (Psychology in Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Adult Education) (Honors 1st Class)
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches
- International Federation for Action Learning
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Accredited Practitioner Human Synergistics International LSI™/LSI™
- Academy of Solutions Focused Training Programme
- Bar-On EQ 360™ and EQ-i™ Certifications
- Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner Certification (Mind Transformations)
- Accredited in the administration and application of the Human Synergistics diagnostics, including Life Styles Inventory™, Leadership Impact™, Group Styles Inventory™, Management Effectiveness Profile™,
- Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centre Coaching, Asia
- Society of Organisational Learning, Asia Pacific
- Affiliated to Solutions Focused Coaching Academy
- International Action Learning Federation
- Member of Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches (APAC)