Richard Payne (Rick) is an Executive Coach with Executive Development Associates, based in Singapore. As an independent consultant, facilitator and executive coach, Rick advises organizations on how best to lead, motivate, and reward their employees to build successful businesses in emerging markets in Asia.
Through his 30 years of experience working across Asia Pacific, he has developed an expertise in strategic human resource consulting, advised companies on talent management, and mentored/coached senior executives in the region. He also has been an integral part of management teams that integrated start-up and well-established acquisitions into much larger consulting firms across Asia Pacific.
In addition to his coaching and consulting, Rick acts as a Group Chair with Executives’ Global Network (EGN), an independent, professional network for business executives with over 14,000 members worldwide. He also serves on the Client Advisory Board of IMA Asia, the region’s leading executive peer group forums supporting over 1,500 members from the world’s largest and best-known firms.
Rick co-founded, built, and then sold the Asian operations of Corporate Resources Group, an HR consulting firm with a global reach. He subsequently held a series of positions with Mercer global marketing and then Aon Hewitt in Asia regional management. Prior to becoming independent, Rick held two positions consecutively with Aon Hewitt: Chief Executive Officer, Southeast Asia and Asia Pacific Practice Leader, Performance, Reward & Talent.
Early in his career, Rick worked as a writer, editor and Asia editorial director for the Economist Intelligence Unit, the business intelligence arm of The Economist. During that time and subsequently, Rick authored numerous articles and books.
Rick has lived and worked in Australia, Hong Kong, India, and Japan. He is a Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- Group Chair, Executives’ Global Network (EGN)
- Editor, IMA Asia
- Chief Executive Officer, Southeast Asia, Aon Hewitt
- Asia / Pacific Practice Leader, Performance, Reward & Talent, Aon Hewitt
- Chief Marketing Officer, Asia / Pacific, Aon Hewitt
- Global Director, mercerHR.com, Mercer Human Resource Consulting
- Asia Practice Leader, Performance and Reward, Mercer Human Resource Consulting
- Asia Regional Director, Corporate Resources Group (acquired by Mercer)
- General Manager, Business Compensation Australia
- Vice President, Western US, Business International (acquired by The Economist)
- Research & Editorial Director, Asia Pacific, Business International
- Master of Asia Pacific Studies, University of San Francisco
- Master of Arts in International Relations, Johns Hopkins University School for Advanced International Studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Asian Studies, State University of New York at Albany