Dr. Robert Edmonson is a Leadership Development Consultant & Executive Coach with Executive Development Associates in Hong Kong, China. He has over 20 years international business management experience, including 10+ years in executive coaching, group/team facilitation, leadership development and training with global MNCs.
Robert is the author of popular leadership books, business articles, keynote business speaker at international conferences, radio guest and adjunct university professor. He has lived and worked in Europe, USA, China, Hong Kong and Australia.
With a balance of executive, entrepreneurial experience, continuous research and innovation, he works with C, Senior, Mid-level & Emerging Talent to Be Themselves, Only Better to…
- Create a collaborative, positive, solution-focused thinking environment;
- Refine self-awareness to transform / balance behavioral intelligence (EQ);
- Sharpen relationship, communication, presentation, delegation, build teams;
- Improve thinking, motivation, strategic decision-making skills;
- Build self-confidence, improve image;
- Broaden multi-cultural intelligence management ability
Shadowed and 1:1 coached CEO of global financial services firm who was well-known technical thinking skills, ability to drive programs and get desired results. Results: The combination of 180° feedback, âshadowâ and monthly coaching sessions increased self-awareness and interpersonal skills that positively impacted on senior team attitudes, motivation and productivity.
Participated in two year global Leadership Development Program for premier bank. Inspired, coached, trained and developed 18 key senior, mid-level and emerging talent executives in: China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Sri Lanka. Results: Enhanced team building, communication, relationship-building, decision-making, delegation and change management skills.
Coached, shadowed, trained and advised senior global executive to boost his team leadership and cultural intelligence skills. Facilitated Cultural Intelligence workshop for entire team with exercises to increase team cultural group awareness. Results: Team members improved their cultural understanding of themselves and others bonding the team. The executive leader strengthen his cultural intelligence, emotional intelligence and overall leadership skills. Overall the team environment was more synergistic, collaborative, supportive to leverage their collective intelligences to work together brainstorming ideas to produce effective solutions.
Robertâs 20-year senior level executive background demonstrates outstanding leadership, innovation and success in start-ups, emerging and turnaround situations which includes:
- Sr Consultant, leading global human capital management organization;
- Sr Consultant, publicly-traded intl management consultancy;
- Sr M&A Associate, premier intl boutique investment bank;
- President / COO, Fortune 500 subsidiary, mfg and franchisor of design centers;
- President / CEO, technology consultancy;
- President / CEO, intl software development and licensing firm;
- Sr. VP / Co-founder publicly-traded technology firm.
In the 1980s he pioneered the first US and most well-known computer services franchise network. The company set industry standards, showcased on NBC, WSJ, NY Times and other publications. Established the industry model and recognized as the ”Hertz” of computer rentals and was listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Industry.
His professional experience and knowledge combined with coaching executives to strengthen their skills inspired his leadership book series: What Great Leaders (Should) Know; Multiple Leadership Intelligence; 8 SMART Leadership SOLUTIONS.
- Doctor Business Administration âKnowledge Management, University of Newcastle AU
- Master of Business Law at University of Sydney School of Law AU
- Master of International Mgmt â Intl Management
- Thunderbird, School of Global Management USA
- MBA Finance & Strategy, University of Montana USA
- BSc General Business, University of Montana USA
- Associate Arts
- General Education, Houston College USA
- Master Corp Exec Coach ACEC
- Exec Coach CoachU
- Results âWhole Brainâ Coaching
- DISC Behavioral Consultant
- EQ Practitioner
- Sales Partners Worldwide
Professional Memberships include:
- NeuroLeadership Institute (NLI)
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- International Association of Coaches (IAC)
- Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches (APAC)
- Hong Kong Professional Counseling Association
- Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management