Professor Sattar Bawany is the Managing Director & C-Suite Master Executive Coach with Executive Development Associates (EDA) in Asia Pacific. He is also the Chief Executive Officer of the Centre for Executive Education (CEE). EDA is the Strategic Partner of Centre for Executive Education (CEE) in offering the suite of Executive Development Solutions to the marketplace.
Prof Bawany is also the past Co-Chair of the Human Capital Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (AmCham Singapore). He is also a member of Frontier Strategy Group’s Expert Advisory Network (EAN) advising CEOs and CHROs of global and regional organisations on Human Capital and Talent Management issues in Asia Pacific.
He has over 30 years’ international business management experience, including 15 years in executive coaching, group facilitation, and leadership development and training with global management consulting firms. In addition to his business and consulting career, Prof Bawany has over 10 years of concurrent academic experience as an Adjunct Professor teaching senior executives international business strategies and human resource courses at various leading universities. He is currently the Adjunct Professor of Management with Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB) and also the Adjunct Professor of Strategy with the Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM).
Prof Bawany has assumed various senior management roles including Managing Director/Country Head and Talent Management & Executive Coaching Practice Leader for DBM Asia Pacific as well as Business Leader, Organisational Effectiveness/Leadership Development Consultant and Executive Coach with Mercer HR Consulting, The Hay Group, The Forum Corporation and Mercuri International.
Prof Bawany’s passion for people and culture is about creating an environment where employees are valued and emotionally engaged in the business. He has successfully worked with extensive number of public and private organisations regionally and internationally specialising in people and culture through transformational change, starting with the ‘end’ in mind! He is an experienced facilitator and has spent many years developing leadership capability through the delivery of structured talent management, leadership development programs including executive coaching.
He is especially skilled at helping executives work through leadership transition issues, whether individually or systemically. As a seasoned coach, he truly cares about others, listens with an open mind, and adds value in unexpected ways. His approach to executive coaching encourages new insights into the key capabilities and unique strengths needed to sustain practical behavioural change over time, resulting in the executive’s enhanced self-awareness, better decision making, and continuous performance improvement.
Prof Bawany is an astute advisor to executives who need to know how they are perceived and want to focus on what is most important in their professional and personal lives. He has coached a range of leaders, from CEOs, to senior vice presidents, and high potential managers. His current work in organisations focuses on encouraging individual initiative and leadership from a systemic perspective in order to achieve clearly defined business results. His specialty is effectively linking people processes to business outcomes.
He is a keynote speaker at international and regional conferences, workshops and seminars on the following themes: Talent Management; Executive Leadership Development, Employee Engagement and Managing across Generational Gap, Strategic Human Resource Management, and Talent Management & Succession Planning. He is an accomplished author with a chapter on “Maximizing the Potential of Future Leader” in the book “Coaching in Asia the First Decade”. He has published articles on topics such as Talent Management, Leadership Effectiveness, Strategic HR/OD, Career Management and Executive Coaching in the “The Straits’ Times”, “Singapore Business Review”, “Today’s Manager” and “Human Capital” magazine. He has also appeared regularly on MediaCorp’s Radio’s 93.8FM Live as a studio guest.
- Managing Director & Master Executive Coach, EDA Asia Pacific
- Chief Executive Officer of Centre of Executive Education (CEE)
- Master Executive Coach of International Professional Managers Association (IPMA)
- Managing Director and Talent Management & Coaching Practice Leader, DBM Asia Pacific
- Business Leader, Global Information Services, Mercer HR Consulting, Asia Pacific
- Head of Learning Services, The Hay Group, Asia Pacific
- Head of Business Development, Forum Corporation, Asia Pacific
- Senior Consultant, Sales, Service & Leadership Development, Mercuri International
- MBA, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California, USA
- BA, Business/Marketing, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
- Graduate of Corporate Coach University
- Licensed Coaching Clinic Facilitator
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator™ (MBTI)
- Extended DISC
- Bar-On EQ 360™ and EQ-i™ Certifications
- MRG suite certification including Leadership Effectiveness Analysis™ (LEA) 360 Assessment
- Hogan Suite of Assessments for High Potentials
- CCL Benchmarks® and Skillscope® Assessments
- Adjunct Professor of Management, Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB)
- Adjunct Professor of Strategy, Paris Graduate School of Management (PGSM)
- Governing Council of the International Professional Managers Association, (IPMA)
- Practicing Member of International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Practicing Member of Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches (APAC)