Susumu Araki is an Executive Coach with Executive Development Associates based in Tokyo, Japan. Susumu has extensive experience in corporate training, program design, executive coaching and hands on consulting, as well as a good reputation among his clients due to his experience as a corporate executive with multi-national companies. He has specialized in executive coaching, sales coaching, leadership development, and high performing team development for executives since 2006.
Prior to his work as an executive coach and management consultant, Susumu worked in the UK, USA, Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland as a corporate executive. He started his career as research chemist at NTT Central Research, then moved to sales and marketing, and finally to general management.
When he returned to Japan, he headed the Japanese organizations of those European companies as Board Director/ COO, focusing on the responsibility for marketing and sales.
- Executive Coach of Global Management Development Inc.
- Managing Director of AKZO NOBEL Coatings Japan
- Board Director of Ciba SC Japan
- Board Director of Henkel Japan
- Master of Science, Kyoto University, Japan
- Completed business course at Stanford Business School on Vision Development
- Completed business course at IMD Switzerland on Division Management
- Completed business course at IESE Spain on Strategic Planning
- Accredited on Facet5 personality assessment based on Big 5 theory
- Accredited on OCI/OEI and also LSI/GSI
- Accredited on StressScan stress assessment
- Executive Committee Member of Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches (APAC)
- 2nd Vice President of Asia Pacific Alliance of Coaches 09-11
- Professional Certified Coach of International Coach Federation
- Member of the Planning Committee of ICF London Conference 2012
- President of a Pharmaceutical MNC in Japanese organization improved his communication skills significantly so that his leadership team improved the performance and effectiveness
- Board Director of IT giant in Japanese organization enhanced his presence so that he was well accepted by Government officers and Board Directors of Japanese big companies
- Young president of a Japanese company grew significantly in terms of leadership skills so that his company could have been transformed to a profitable company
- An excellent investment banker changed her career very smoothly in order to find her ultimate life mission so that she can contribute to the society with her full potential
- Board Director of Finance of IT giant could transform his career from Japanese operation to regional operation of AP successfully by adjusting his leadership style to the regional culture